Power Electronics and Battery Management System (BMS) simulation
BMS can be termed as the brain of the E-powertrain systems. The current is controlled in the entire system by the use of Power Electronics and inverter. In the Battery Management System (BMS), significant amount of heat is generated during the operations in power electronics components which needs to be dissipated for the effective functioning of the BMS. The electronic components in the BMS are subjected to continuously varying thermal and mechanical loads which can be virtually tested using specialized simualtion software as per the design requirements.
Some interesting Projects @ ESPL
- Components- Inverter, Power semiconductor devices (IGBT, MOSFET) & RF drivers.
- 1D co-simulation system level – defining and optimizing system level parameters.
- Evaluation of electro- magnetic interference on various subcomponents.
- Thermal and flow simulation – Evaluation of heat dissipation and cooling optimization.
- Structural simulation – cyclic / random vibration, strength / stiffness simulation, brazing fatigue.