Safety, User experience, Aesthetics are the key parameters for developing modern automotive interior systems along with functionality and durability which still remains as the basic parameters. Now, we have a massager and heating system in the seats. A backlight system in instrument panel and trims looks elegant. However, to accommodate all the additions, designers have to rely on the simulations more and more.
We are supporting many global Tier-1 Automotive interior suppliers on the regular basis for the development of following assemblies.
- Instrument Panel assembly
- Arm rest
- Door trim
- Handles (Inside, outside, grab, window winding)
Few of the regular projects on which we are supporting our customers
- H1- H2 Test, Seat Back Strength (SBS), Head Rest Performance (HRP), Sled Test (Forward/ Reverse), Seat Belt Anchorage, Energy Dissipation Test
- Vibration (1axis/ 3 axes shaker test, PSD, RLD)
- Head Impact Simulation for IP/Console
- Latch Abusive/Overload Simulation
- Quality feel analysis for Interiors
- Glove Box Resistance
- Armrest, Pull Cup Stiffness, Pull Cup Resistance, Bracket Rigidity, Bracket Wrenching, Push Finisher Resistance, Traction on the Strip,
- Window Regulator (All Load Cases)
- CAE- Test Co-relation
Simulating plastic materials for overloading conditions is highly challenging. This is because of the convergence issues because of plastic strains. Would you like to know more about this topic? Contact our Plastic simulation expert.